Minister Tue supported Thailand to Global Medical Hub to accelerate the development of medical innovation research.
Dr. Suwit Mesinree, Minister of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation (OA) said that from the crisis of the disease, Covid-19 Thailand has shown that our medical and public health systems are considered the country’s strengths. Thailand has the potential to be the medical center of this region. By the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation Has worked with the Ministry of Public Health To adjust the medical system and build a base for medical innovation through research and innovation (Healthcare Reinvention)
There will be a joint discussion of representatives from agencies related to the Thai health and medical system. Whether being a representative from the Faculty of Medicine of various universities Representatives from research agencies such as the National Research Agency (NRCT), Office of the Science Promotion Board Research and innovation or Sor. Sor., National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA), including agencies from the Ministry of Public Health. To brainstorm As well as summarizing the guidelines for driving Thailand’s medical industry in accordance with the BCG Economy policy of the Prime Minister By focusing on research, development, and innovation for production and utilization (Research, Development, Innovation, Manufacturing, Market) as well as rules unlocking Necessary infrastructure development And human capital development
“Healthcare Reinvention” aims to make Thailand a “Global Medical Hub” with 8 Priority Areas, which are
1. Individual treatment (Personalized Medicine) efficient and accurate care with genomics.
2. Vaccines and New Medicines development including the management of the Medical Supply Chain and the promotion of quality producers.
3. Medical Devices Focusing on Medical Device Manufacturing in New Normal Era
4. Long distance medical system (Telemedicine) develop technology that allows patients and medical personnel to communicate with each other in real-time, reducing hospital congestion.
5. Development of Clinical Research Infrastructure encourages clinical research Producing and inventing new drugs and vaccines
6. Herbal and Traditional Medicine Develop and use of Thai herbs. Put Thai herbs in medical courses and focus on clinical research.
7. Nutraceuticals, invented and produced food that has protective properties Treatment and anti-aging
8. Health tourism
(Medical Tourism) connects medical services and health tourism.
Brainstorming All sectors agreed that prioritizing And integrating with all sectors Including the private sector The National Research Agency (NRCT) will create a draft mechanism and drive the Healthcare Reinvention to discuss with those who will drive each key issue in order to elaborate on all 8 issues.